SCU PRIVACY OF LIBRARY RECORDS POLICY
Library customers, donors, and other users of the library have a basic right for their information to be held confidential to safeguard their privacy, to prevent identity theft, and to safeguard basic freedoms.
1. All library records and other information relating to an individual's use of the library and its resources are considered confidential and will not be divulged to any third party.
2. These records include, but are not limited to, circulation records of library materials, address and other registration information, reference or informational questions asked, interlibrary loan transactions, and computer database searches.
3. This information may be consulted and used by library staff in the course of carrying out library operations.
4. Access to this information will be restricted to authorized personnel within the Library and College for authorized reasons, as determined by the Library Director.
5. The library will release an individual's library information only to that individual, to another individual with the prior written consent of the individual concerned or under a duly authorized judicial process. The individual requesting the information must provide proof of identity via a photo identification and/or a badge.
6. All requests for information that do not fall under the above policies shall be forwarded to the Library Director. The Library Director in making determinations will be guided by best practices to preserve privacy of user, donor, or institution.
---Adopted May 2010