SEARCH FOR PRESIDENT
The Board of Regents and the Presidential Search Committee of Southwestern Christian University (SCU) invites applications, nominations and letters of interest for the position of university president to begin July 1, 2014. The president is the chief executive officer of the university and reports to the Board of Regents.
Southwestern Christian University began in 1946 under the auspices of the International Pentecostal Holiness Church. SCU is a Christian liberal arts university anchored in the classical Pentecostal and Charismatic faith traditions. With a student body head count of approximately 860, SCU currently offers the Associate of Arts, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Ministry and Master of Arts degrees. The university seeks to expand and strengthen its academic programs, its fiscal strength, and envisions qualitative and quantitative growth.
Southwestern Christian University is a Christ-centered liberal arts institution equipping students for a life of learning, leadership, and service; integrating faith, learning, and living; and empowering graduates to excel and to positively impact their world for Jesus Christ.
Scholarship: Scholarship at Southwestern Christian University is pursued from the perspective of a Biblical-Christian worldview. The integration of faith, learning and living is central to every academic discipline and is led by dedicated faculty members who are committed to academic excellence, the elevation of critical thinking skills, and personal, spiritual and intellectual growth. SCU is committed to:
- Holistic Christ-centered academic excellence
- Embracing change, diversity and emerging technologies to ensure relevance and the establishment of strategic and collaborative partnerships
- Research and inquiry in an assessment and data-driven academic culture
- Being an organization centered on lifelong learning, social skills and servant leadership development
Spirit: Southwestern Christian University is dedicated to cultivating a Spirit-led environment where students grow in their spiritual relationship with God and their interpersonal relationship with others. SCU is committed to:
- Building a Christ-centered community
- Honoring our Pentecostal Holiness heritage
- Respecting diversity and various Christian backgrounds
- A campus culture where His Spirit and school spirit are prevalent and powerful
Service: Southwestern Christian University is focused on serving both Christ and others. Through the development of servant-leadership, SCU empowers graduates for a life of learning, leadership and global impact. SCU is committed to:
- Developing and modeling servant leadership
- Fostering an environment of relevant social- and self-awareness;
- Ethics, respect, and integrity
- Instilling the value of stewardship in all aspects of life
The Presidential Search Committee is seeking candidates who:
- Demonstrate proven capacity for developing philanthropy, which includes external relations and institutional resource development so as to develop and build the university donor base.
- Are visionary, highly motivated, and transformational leaders with proven organizational abilities, commitment to quality and excellence in higher education, and respect for academic scholarship.
- Understands the culture of academia; enrollment management; state and regional accreditation and federal compliance imperatives.
- Experienced in leading change, program review, and responding to the rapidly changing higher education dynamics and landscape.
- Understand and have knowledgeable experience working with internal and external constituencies unique to growing a Christian liberal arts university.
- Possess the ability to foster a climate of integrity, team building, and community through the integration of faith, learning, and living.
- Are in harmony with pentecostal values.
- Possess a terminal degree from a regionally accredited university.
THE PROCESS OF CANDIDACY
Nominations and expressions of interest may be submitted electronically to The Search Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Attn: Presidential Search Committee
Southwestern Christian University
PO Box 340
Bethany, Oklahoma 73008
The complete profile for this position is available by clicking here: Presidential Search Profile. Please include a current resume, home and work contact details, and a letter of application. Upon Request, the Search Committee will hold applications in strict confidence.
To receive full consideration, materials should be received on or before December 13, 2013