SOUTHWESTERN CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY
Although SCU does not have an onsite counseling clinic, students can utilize the Family Christian Counseling Services. The people of Family Christian Counseling are professional counselors who care about you. They are a nondenominational, non profit organization, established to offer God’s healing plan to the emotionally wounded. As Christian counselors, they are members of the body of Christ and are committed to providing Godly guidance and Biblical truth to those seeking counsel. Their goals include providing emotional support and helping people live a healthy and productive life.
FAMILY CHRISTIAN COUNSELING
Jamestown Office Park
3035 NW 63rd Street, Suite 202
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
Go (East) on NW 39th Expressway to Rockwell,
Turn left on Rockwell (North) to N.W. 63rd Street,
Turn Right (East) on N.W. 63rd Street towards Portland Ave.
The office is ¾ of a mile past Portland Ave on the North side of the road (Jamestown Office Park). If you pass May Ave., you have gone to far.
C.F. “Kim” Kimberling, Jr., Ph.D.
• Certified Pastoral counselor and Christian Marriage and Family Therapist and a Doctoral Diplomat with the American Christian Society of Therapists
• Charter member of the American Association of Christian Counselors
• Director of Children’s Counseling at SCOPE Ministries from 1983-1990
• Ordained Minister & President of Family Christian Counseling
SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT
To schedule an appointment:
Call (405) 842-0684
• If you reach the office, schedule an appointment with the receptionist for Dr. Kimberling.
• If you reach the answering service, specify that you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kimberling, leave a contact number and he will call you back within 24 hours.
When scheduling an appointment, please specify that you are a SCU student. All students will be required to show an SCU ID.
If you need further assistance:
Stop by the Office of Student Affairs in the administration building.
In case of an Emergency (after hours):
If you have an emergency, the counseling staff at Family Christian Counseling can assist you from 8:30a – 5:00p. After hours, please call the local Heartline Crisis Line at (405) 848-2273.
Counseling services are available to all SCU Undergraduate, Graduate, and Professional Studies students.
All SCU students’ health insurance will be billed. If you do not have your insurance at the time of your appointment, Family Christian Counseling reserves the right to contact the Vice President for Student Affairs at SCU for insurance information.
For more information on Family Christian Counseling Center, please visit their website: www.christiancounselingokc.org