Logo Design Guidelines
Southwestern Christian University is looking to replace the primary logo that we use. The logo that is going to be replaced is shown on the top left corner of the website.
How to enter the contest:
1) Make a logo for Southwestern Christian University using the colors of SCU (Blue, White, Black)
2) Email, or submit online the contest entry form with your logo to SCU. There is no fee for submitting the entry.
3) Send your entry on time: all entries must arrive by midnight October 15, 2012.
4) Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . If the file is larger than 8 MB, then you will need to submit your entry online at www.swcu.edu/logo.
Who can enter the contest?
Anyone can enter the contest, if you are under 18 you must have written permission of a parent or guardian.
Please submit the following files of the logo design. If we do not receive the logo in both formats your design will be disqualified.
1. The source Files need to be in EPS, AI, CDR. (Please contact us if you want to use a different vector format than the ones listed.)
2. .jpg file of the logo image.
3. Must include school colors of Blue, White & Black, the lettering that we use is SCU or SWCU, the university name is Southwestern Christian University.
Minimum quality for EPS, AI, CDR formats of 266 dpi (preferred 600 dpi)
Minimum quality for .jpg format: 72 dpi.
Any and all submissions are the property of Southwestern Christian University at the time of submission.
SCU’s Marketing Committee and Presidents cabinet will select 3-5 finalists and one winner.
What do I win?
All entries - Every entry will be acknowledged with a certificate.
Finalists – The logos selected as finalists will appear on SCU website.
The Winner(s) – The winning logo will be used by SCU in marketing and promotional materials related to the University. The winner(s) will receive $500 and will be featured in an article and press release.
The Fine Print
1) Original artwork and images must be created.
2) The logo must be able to be used by SCU as the primary logo for the campus.
3) Files must be submitted electronically by October 15th. Winner will be announced by October 26th.
4) The source Files need to be in EPS, AI, CDR 266dpi minimum 600 dpi preferred (Please contact us if you want to use a different vector format than the ones listed.) and a .jpg file of the logo image 72dpi.
Logos cannot contain copyrighted material. Logos must have been created and edited by the contestant(s). Logos may not include images or licensed images that have been previously published or are pending publication.
Contestants agree that SCU may publish their logo and name(s) and may use both in future advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials. Contestants assign all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the logo to SCU. SCU may alter, modify or revise the logo as it sees necessary to achieve the goals of the University.
Contestants agree to make every effort to be available for a phone interview, and if not able to participate, agree to allow SCU to use their name and logo submission in an article and press release announcing the winning entries.
SCU has no obligation to use the winning logo for any purpose whatsoever.
SCU is not responsible for any lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected or illegal submissions.
No entries will be returned.
SCU may disqualify any entry based on content and/or production.
All costs associated with making and submitting a logo are the contestant’s responsibility.
SCU will not reimburse or be responsible for any costs incurred in the making or submission of any entry.
Your submission will be declined if it contains copyrighted material.