Graduation Requirements for Undergraduates
A student who plans to graduate from Southwestern Christian University must fulfill all applicable course requirements for the chosen academic program and the following requirements:
- Graduation application form filed with the Office of the Registrar.
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) in course work counted toward graduation. A minimum 2.50 CGPA for course work in the major.
- A minimum of 45 semester credit hours of upper division courses for both BA and BS degrees and 40 semester credit hours of upper division courses for the BBA degree. Sixty percent of courses in the major must be upper division.
- Completion of all curriculum requirements as outlined in the catalog under which the student declared the major or degree program at SCU.
- At least 30 semester credit hours of resident work at SCU for bachelor's degrees or 15 semester credit hours of resident work for the associate's degree. A student who has completed 30-64 semester credit hours in residence at SCU must complete 15 of the last 30 of those hours in residence.
- The final semester of a student's coursework reflect at least a 2.0 semester GPA.