For those wishing to continue on in doctoral studies, Southwestern Christian University has an articulation agreement with Oral Roberts University to send our students into their Doctor of Ministry Program.
Our students have the option of a third year of graduate studies in which they may return and build another 18 hours of graduate level studies toward the 72 hour threshold required to enter Oral Roberts University.* At the 54 hour level, the student moves to ORU for the rest of the leveling courses.
The student does not earn another degree, but rather builds hours toward entry into the DMin Program. The following is a list of courses available at the post-graduate studies.
- GTHEO 5113 Systematic Theology I
- GTHEO 5123 Systematic Theology II
- GBI 6403 Old Testament History and Theology
- GBI 6413 New Testament History and Theology
- GHIST 5113 History of the Church: Patristic Era to Protestant Reformation
- GHIST 5123 History of the Church: Reformation to Modern Church
“I will study and get ready, perhaps my chance will come.”
* - Be aware of your career goals when planning your education. Consult your academic advisor. To teach usually requires a 72- 98 hour Master of Arts in Religion, Theology or similar major, such as a Master of Divinity and/or a doctoral level academic program (Ph.D.) or a doctoral level praxis program (Doctor of Ministry).