Admission to Southwestern Christian University is based upon academic achievement, personal recommendations, a demonstrated aptitude for college level work and personal Christian character.
Applicants who have completed less than 12 hours of college credit are considered first-time freshman. Applicants must submit the following to be considered for admission:
Admission is based on meeting 2 of the 3 following criteria:
- An ACT composite score of at least 19 or SAT of at least 900 (CR + M)
- Unweighted high school GPA of at least 2.5
- Class rank in the upper half
If you do not meet Regular Admission requirements, you may be considered for conditional or probationary acceptance. The following are criteria for conditional or probationary acceptance.
- An ACT composite score of 16 through 18 or SAT of at least 790 through 890 (CR + M)
- Unweighted high school GPA of at least 2.0
- Class rank in the upper half
Students admitted on a conditional basis will be limited to one university activity until the conditional status is removed.
Freshman Granted Conditional Admission:
1) Will be limited on enrollment hours during the first semester.
2) May be required to enroll in appropriate remedial courses.
Applicants who do not meet the criteria stated above may be admitted probationally. The following may be required for probationary consideration:
1. An interview.
2. An essay (approximately 250 words) expressing the student’s goals and stating how attending SCU will help the student achieve those goals.
3. Two letters of reference from individuals who believe the student can successfully complete college work.
Freshman Granted Probationary Admission:
1) Will be limited to an enrollment of 13 hours the first semester.
2) Will be required to enroll into the appropriate remedial courses as a part of the 13-hour load.
Students admitted on a probationary basis will not be able to participate in any university activities until the probationary status is removed.
Provisional Acceptance Admission:
Students whose acceptance file does not have all required admission test scores, or otehr supporting data required for full acceptance, by the start of the semester, are given Provisional Acceptance. A student will have through the first eight weeks of classes to make certain all required materials are in place. A student may also be given provisional acceptance if the Academic Dean or Academic Council believe certain provisions, requiremetns, or conditions should be met before regular student status is granted. A provisional can be rescinded by the Office of Academic Affairs and/or the Academic Coucil.
High school juniors and seniors who meet certain entrance criteria may enroll in 4 credit hours per semester at a discounted rate. Applicants interested in concurrent enrollment must submit the following:
Applicants with prior college credit are considered transfer students. Applicants must submit the following to be considered for admission:
- A Completed Application
- Signed Lifestyle Covenant
- Official transcripts from all schools attended.
- The applicant must have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.0
- Applicants with less than 12 hours of college credit will be subject to meet the entrance requirements of a "First-Time Freshman."
Adult Students - Professional Studies program
25 years of age or older
Submit a Professional Studies Application- online or paper
$30 Application Fee
Affirm a genuine Christian conversion - signed Community Covenant.
Submit official transcripts from previous colleges or universities* (each transcript must be submitted in a sealed envelope to be considered official)
If no previous college, must submit high school transcript or GED certificate. Also, must have official ACT documentation. (2.5 high school gpa and 19 ACT score)
Statement of Purpose Essay. (see application for details)
International Student (Freshman Status)
Applicants who are not US residents or have legal alien (green card) status are considered international students. The following documents are required:
- A Completed Application for admission (completed in English)
- An application fee of $200
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores (for students from non English speaking countries)
- Official transcripts of high school and/or college work Note: These transcripts must be translated into English prior to submission.
- A Certificate of Financial Resources Form must be submitted.
- Proof of medical insurance
SCU will send an I-20 to the international applicant upon acceptance. Contact the University at 888.418.9272 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the I-20
Students who have been out of student status at SCU for part of a semester or longer must apply for readmittance to the University.
Southwestern Christian University has a rolling admission policy. Once all required credentials have been received, the SCU Office of Admissions will notify the applicant by e-mail, mail and/or by phone. Applicants who wish to know the status of their application should contact the Office of Admissions at 888.418.9272 or (405) 789.7661 Ext. 3442
Admission's Requirements are subject to Change.